Broker 0.6.7 shows offline

Hi, I’m having the same issue, and also have tried rebooting and uninstalling/reinstalling the broker, with no change in behavior.

Broker version 0.6.7
Chrome version 80.0.3987.132
Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809
Crystal Reports 2016

@mzellman thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately we’ve not heard back from @ccsjoe so unsure if they are still having the issue. We’ve been working with @becker (thank you!) on his related issue of trying to add reports which we have traced to strange network drive behavior – and we’ve added additional checks for those in a newer (yet to be published) build which appears to have resolved those problems.

We’re trying to understand what’s causing the recent reports of the offline issue and would appreciate your assistance with that. I’ll send you a DM in a moment to schedule a web screen sharing session.

I’ve split this to its own topic (from Broker is offline) so we can treat it individually. Thanks for your DM response… Looking forward to our screen sharing session later this afternoon and hope we can spot what’s happening and why.

@mzellman thank you for your patience as you’ve been working with us through direct messages (DM) and screen share.

In the interest of sharing with folks that may be in the same situation…
@mzellman has a couple of times successfully added 30+ reports and then the browser / broker has been unable to communicate properly for the past days. When this first started to happen, we provided him with a more updated special build of the broker that captures additional debug log information which has been helpful for us to review. And we were able to do a screen sharing session that helped us to review the network traffic between the broker, server, and web browser.

At this time, based on everything reviewed and evaluated – everything is pointing to this being a firewall related issue on his corporate network where the traffic appears to have been blocked and he’s working with his IT folks to investigate that further.