Please tell us about your environment where the Web Browser is running:

• Operating System:
    Windows [10]

• Browser kind and version:
    Firefox 72.0.2 64 bit

• Crystal Reports version:
    Crystal Reports [2016]

Current behavior:

Selected about 100 reports and started the process and left it alone all day. when I went back to see if it was done all it said was Broker Offline and now that is all I get. The broker has been and was still running.

Now all I get is that message and nothing else. Appears that your product does not work as expected of this is a major bug in this version.

Expected behavior:

Tried reboot, remove and reinstall your broker but nothing seems to work. Also tried using Chrome.

@ccsjoe please confirm the version of the .rpt Inspector Online Broker that you’re running as the one you listed hasn’t been supported for almost 3 years. When you start the .rpt Inspector Online Broker, the version will be listed on the title bar.

How big are each of your Crystal Reports? 100 reports should be added in only a few minutes on most modern systems with a decent internet connection. It can of course take longer if the reports contain saved data. But just so that you’re aware, we never touch the saved data (unless you use the Save without Data tool afer the reports have been added) and don’t need it, so if you have Crystal Reports templates (reports saved without data), it’s always faster and better to use those.

There are two parts to adding your Crystal Reports to .rpt Inspector Online as explained in the
Getting started with .rpt Inspector Online guide. When working correctly, you should see activity in the browser indicating which report it’s working on and how many left. Did you periodically see any change in progress? And if yes, how many reports did it process before the error?

Of course this isn’t normal or expected behavior but it’s hard to guess at the reason(s) behind this error as there can be many so instead we’d like to schedule a screen sharing session to analyze further. Let ms know if that’s something you’d be interested in doing and I’ll forward you details.

The version I am using is the one that downloaded with the program.

0.6.7 is the current latest. When you posted the version initially, you stated:

Where do I download the correct version?

The broker is not being seen but I selected 4 reports and it has been running for 30 minutes and no change

Here is a screenshot. Does this product work or what. Not having much success.

@ccsjoe I’ll shortly send you a DM with screen sharing details if that’s something you’d like to pursue to help us track down why it’s not working for you.

I have also encountered the “Broker is offline” error today. I attempted to change the data source of about 100 reports this morning, and it froze on “Processing Report 100/100”. After a refresh of the page, it won’t recognize the running Broker anymore, even after a restart of my computer or reinstalling the Broker.

A post was split to a new topic: Broker 0.6.7 shows offline

A post was merged into an existing topic: Broker 0.6.7 shows offline

I have given up on this product since I can’t seem to get it working on any computer that I have. This broker issue is happening to lots of people with no response from anyone that works.

@ccsjoe thanks for your feedback. Clearly you’re experiencing an issue, and while this is the 3rd report of the issue in the past month, that doesn’t categorize it as lots of people having an issue. In fact lots of people are not. As for no response - we’ve responded to each and every request here but something like this requires more understanding and analysis and a willingness to do some back and forth work with us and so we’ve requested to do a web screen sharing via a direct message (DM) with each request just as we have with you. With so many variables involved (browser manufacturer and versions, network connections, firewalls, antivirus, OS version, etc.) it takes time to understand and trace the issue – which may have the same result error but may be caused by different reason(s). Even though we’ve requested several times to do a screen share with you, you’ve not taken us up on it. We’ve also sent you a special build to try and requested to review the logs it generates but you’ve not provided that either.

This issue may also be related to firewall as found here: Broker 0.6.7 shows offline

But as we’ve not heard back from @ccsjoe in some time, have been unable to do a screen share with him, nor get requested logs we’re closing this topic. Please open a new report should you need to.