Always says Broker offline after recent database update

Hello,

I was using .rpt inspector online recently to update connections in a batch of reports
it appeared to have done all of them,
but remained showing it was processing the last one for several hours
so I closed the browser and the broker down.

Since then, when logging into rpt inpector online it says the broker is offline,
even though I am successfully logged into the broker.

I have tried it on a different PC and it does the same.

I have created another account and everything there works fine.

How many reports were you updating?
What connectivity method were you using?
What is the original database type (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)?
What is the destination database type (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)?
What browser and version are you using?
What broker version are you using?
How many hours passed since your last login / attempt with your original account?

I was updating approximately 50 reports
connectivity was OLEDB
Original database was SQL Server
Destination database also SQL Server
Browser Chrome 75.0.3770.100
Broker 0.6.7
4 days ago last sucessful login with original account
tried today with same error

Unable to reproduce this. We’ll need to schedule a web screen sharing session with you to analyze this further. I’ll send you a direct message with details.

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved.

Hi There,
the problem resolved itself after a week.
When I tried logging in the following Monday then it recognized the Broker was online.
Regards.

I have almost the exact same scenario. What was the solution you worked out?

We suspect that when you closed the broker / browser there was a dangling session. Usually when you log back in it’s not an issue but in your cases for some reason (we’re investigating further) it needed to expire.

I have the exact same situation happening. I was processing a job with 93 data source changes. On the last one it failed saying the broker was offline. I have tried logging out then back in. I have tried rebooting. I also tried installing on another machine. I have another 800 rpts to change. From what I see in the forums here is looks like it might time out eventually, but it might take days. I really need to do this sooner then later. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Matt

@mbanken thanks for the report. Though based on these reports we know it happens rarely, unfortunately this hasn’t been something we’ve been able to duplicate in our testing.

From what I see in the forums here is looks like it might time out eventually, but it might take days. I really need to do this sooner then later. Can anyone help me?

Shouldn’t be days, but can take up to 24 hours. Though it does appear that your session has already expired so you can try again.

The more details we have, the closer we can try to simulate the way you’ve worked to try and reproduce this. You’ve indicated that you’re making data source changes to another 800 reports and it happened during processing of 93? Can you elaborate on what settings were used:

  • ODBC?
    • destination database (i.e. MySQL) and version (i.e. 7)
  • OLE DB?
    • destination database (i.e. MySQL) and version (i.e. 7)
  • Convert driver enabled?
  • Verify database enabled?

Also, if you can provide details on your environment, can be helpful:

.rpt Inspector Online Broker Version:
major.minor.revision

Please tell us about your environment where the Broker is running:

  • Operating System:
    Windows [7|8|8.1|10]

  • Is this running in a virtual machine:
    Yes / No

    • If answered yes above, which virtual machine environment and version:

Please tell us about your environment where the Web Browser is running:

  • Operating System:
    Windows [7|8|8.1|10]|Linux (distro and version)|OSX 10.x

  • Browser kind and version:
    Firefox XX | Chrome XX

  • Crystal Reports version:
    Crystal Reports [2016 / 14.2.x|2013 / 14.1.x|2011 / 14.0.x|2008 / 12.x.x|XI R2 / 11.5.x|XI / 11.x.x|10.x.x|9.x.x|8.5.x]

@mbanken as we’ve not heard back from you in almost 3 weeks, we’re closing this issue. If you require further assistance please open a new issue and provide the additional requested information.