• Operating System:
    Windows [7|8|8.1|10]|Linux (distro and version)|OSX 10.x
    Windows 7
  • Browser kind and version:
    Firefox XX | Chrome XX
    Firefox 61.0.2 (64 bit)
    Chrome 68.0.3.440.106 (64 bit)
  • Crystal Reports version:
    Crystal Reports [2016 / 14.2.x|2013 / 14.1.x|2011 / 14.0.x|2008 / 12.x.x|XI R2 / 11.5.x|XI / 11.x.x|10.x.x|9.x.x|8.5.x]

XI R2
Current behavior:

Was attempting to change DSN on 60 reports. The spinning progress icon ran for hours so I left it running overnight. When I came in it was still running. I checked the reports–they had been updated. I closed the browser. I reopened in order to process more reports and the it fails to recognize that the broker is running. I have opened and closed it several times, and logged out and in several times. When I click the logout button on the broker it displays the error “The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.”

I have installed the broker on another computer and duplicated the same behavior.

Successfully logged in:

Error on log out:

Appears to be connected:

Expected behavior:

When reports have been processed the expected behavior is that the browser should update the status and return control to the user.

Also expected is that upon closing the Broker and logging out that a new sessions should be able to be initiated.

Thanks for the report. We’ll investigate this further and get back to you once we have more info.

@mbrook thanks for your patience. We’ve found and fixed the cause of the 404 error which will be part of the next broker update (expected later today).

However, we were unable to duplicate the issues with the change of data sources you experienced. In reviewing the logs, we think what might have happened is a server update that momentarily disconnected you and the broker didn’t reconnect back properly. In the upcoming update, we’ve put in additional checks which we expect will help with that.

@mbrook please try the just released 0.6.4 version of the broker which should resolve the 404 error and please try the multiple DSN change data sources with this new version and let us know if you still encounter the same issue?.