0 Report(s) :: 136 Subreport(s)

We think that we’ve now found the reason for the orphans in some cases. If you selected a parent report but didn’t explicitly select all the sub-reports, those not selected were being orphaned.

If you select the main report and even if you don’t select s single sub-report, all sub-reports and the parent report will be removed. And if you select a sub-report(s) but don’t select a parent report, all sub-reports and the parent report will be removed as it’s not possible to just remove some sub-reports. Hopefully that makes sense.

We hope this won’t confuse folks since they didn’t explicitly select things but we’re removing related items that are treated as the report.

An update to the servers was made a few minutes ago. Please logout, clear your cache, and log back in to try again. Please let us know if this resolved the issue for you and if yes, mark the response as an accepted solution.

2 Likes

.rpt Inspector Online Broker Version:
major.minor.revision
0.5.8

Please tell us about your environment where the Broker is running:

  • Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro

  • Is this running in a virtual machine:
    Yes

    • If answered yes above, which virtual machine environment and version:

ESXi 6.0

Please tell us about your environment where the Web Browser is running:

  • Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro

  • Browser kind and version:
    Chrome 61

  • Crystal Reports version:
    Crystal Reports [2016 / 14.2.x|2013 / 14.1.x|2011 / 14.0.x|2008 / 12.x.x|XI R2 / 11.5.x|XI / 11.x.x|10.x.x|9.x.x|8.5.x]

CR 11.5

Current behavior:

I had a large master report (same one I sent you before) with some 78 subreports. I set up a Remove of the reports to clear the palate but interrupted it before it was done. Now I have no reports in the display to select and cannot load / overwrite the same master report. Display shows 0 Report(s) :: 136 Subreport(s)

Looks like the delete logic deleted the parent report before deleting all of the dependent elements. With the switch to the tree view (which is nice) is leaves no parent to select for the orphaned subreports.

Expected behavior:

Remove reports should perhaps work from the bottom of a dependency tree up recursively.

Thank you for reporting this. How did you interrupt it so that we can try to duplicate and better deal with that possibility?

I was loading up the master reports (all 3 - previously provided as test cases) and it was just spinning forever so closed/crashed out the browser and broker. It looks like its deleting the main report first, then the sub reports vs walking the tree from the bottom up.

In the meantime, how does one clear the broker cached data?

Yes, thanks. They’re stuck.

For now, we can clear all the reports for you, which will reset things. Let me know if you’re ok with that and we’ll get it done.

1 Like

I broke it again. Please reset my reports list.
Tried loading 42 reports (3 of them were the big MasterReports. Selecting the reports on the ODBC Mapping screen took too long so I reloaded the browser and went back to the main portal page. Used the report name filter to select the Master Reports to delete. Normally the list shows the subreports, but apparently it only selected the master report and left the sub reports. Now the ODBC screen does not show any loaded reports.

All reports have been cleared. Please let us know if that resolved the issue.

1 Like

Cleared.

Thanks for the additional details. We’ve been able to reproduce this and are working on a fix.

1 Like

Please also fix the list on the ODBC page. I was able to load reports on the main portal page but they don’t transfer to ODBC box 2. The Function analyzer page works.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying that reports that you’ve added on the main portal after selecting them on the main portal and going in to the Change Data Source tool – they don’t appear in the list on pane 2?

What do you mean by:

The Function analyzer page works

Page 1 main portal loads ok now. Page 2 Function Analyzer populates the report box, but the Page 2 ODBC box 2 is empty.

The issue with the Change Data Source reports tree now showing reports should be resolved and the servers are being updated. Please be sure to logout, and log back in (possibly clearing cache) and try it again. Please let us know if it’s resolved for you as well.

Please clear my lists again. This time I was being gentle with it, but on removing the last set of complex reports, I got a red popup box saying an error removing occurred. The main report is removed but 33 subreports are orphaned.

Reports have been cleared.

1 Like